Monday, January 7, 2008

Get your Geezer on!

Today was the another day of work that made me break a sweat, strain a few muscles and I am paying for it already. I will probably regret it all tomorrow but I got the job done, and at the end of the day felt pretty damn good about myself. What was the driving force that caused me to put myself in potential traction or a truss? I had a point to make!

I am currently embarked on the project of refinishing 3300sqft of yellow pine flooring at the Rail Museum. It's been 20 plus years since it was done the first time and there are coat after coat of yellowed GYM SEAL that have been lovingly applied by an 70 some year old man who happens to be my boss. He is an excellent old guy who taught history in high school, is and has been involved in the local community as a member of the Chamber of Commerce, member of a number of politcal, social and religeous groups and has touched the lives of countless children in a very positive way. He is a pillar of our society and deserves a lot of respect but I digress. No I do not have to prove anything to him, he is convinced that I can do just about anything except for plumming and electrical (as I have voiced this lack of talent a number of times.)

2 comments:

Jim Wright said...

Geez, you sure can pick the relatives can't you. Just don't go in havsees on a cell phone with him. snork!

And I see you took my advice and went and rented a sander.

Janiece said...

My mental image of you bitch-slapping your nephew, in your best CPO voice, gives me a giggle. Hee!

And Beastly? I was that guy, too.